At last I have complied a TBR for Trick- or-Readathon. I probably won’t finish all of these but I am fairly confident that I will read at least 3 books since 3 of them are graphic novels and some of the other books I have picked out at fairly short. I have overlapped prompts for some reads and I encourage other to do the same-this is supposed to be fun so make things easy on yourself.
1. The Plant that Ate Dirty Socks By: Nancy McArthur. This is my pick for a book with a strange title-Stranger Things This book was one that was read to my class in elementary school and I have been wanting to revisit it for years. From what I remember there are 2 brothers who have to share a room, one is a neat freak and the other is a slob and they have to learn to get along and work together when mysterious things start happening around their house. I look forward to revisiting this book from my childhood.
2. Harry Potter and the Cursed Child By: J. K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany. This book will cover 2 prompts for me because it is outside of my comfort zone to read a play (Paranormal Exploration) and it is a book about a witch or wizard (Witchcraft and Wizardry). I am such a huge Harry Potter fan and I have held off reading this book for far too long.
3. Gaba Kawa Vol. 1 By: Rie Takada. I bought this manga a while back and still haven’t gotten to it. I think it will fit the prompt for a character for undergoes a transformation (Hocus Pocus) very well because it is about a demon who falls in love and starts to loose her powers…sounds more like a de-transformation but I’ll count it. XD
4. Kodocha: Sana’s Stage Vol. 1 By: Miho Obana. This manga has meant a lot to me and I look forward to any opportunity to re-read it so this will count as my re-read an old favorite (Candy!) prompt.
5. Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children By: Ransom Riggs. This is another one that I am using for 2 prompts. It has a mysterious and/or magical setting (Haunted Mansion) and a friend has been telling me to read it for a VERY long time (You’re Being Haunted). I am really looking forward to reading this one so my friend and I can discuss it. 😀
6. The Halloween Tree By: Ray Bradbury. This is a book that I have been wanting to read since I saw the cartoon of it a few years ago. The movie was very good and I look forward to seeing how the book differs. Also it’s a Halloween book so how can I not? This one will count for a book with orange on the cover (Pumpkin Spice).
7. Percepolis By: Marjane Satrapi. This is a book that I borrowed from my boyfriend that looks interesting. I’ve heard good things about it. This one counts as my randomly selected book (A Shot in the Dark) since I had my sister pick it out what I was going to read for this from out of a hat.